Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Fixed section at top of posts-homepage

Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:54 PM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
I'm not sure if this is the right section to ask, but I'm looking for an option to make a small 'fixed' introduction, below the header and above the first post on my homepage.

I assume a kicker would appear above every post, I only need it once, but 'fixed'.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:00 AM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
I just hit the New Posts button on this site and suddenly noticed the vast amount of posts/requests per day. G...wonder how you guys can keep up. 'If'

I've been googeling and searching through this forum, and see that people have had more or less the same type of questions.

I'm just not 100% sure that any of them is exactly what I need.

From what I believe now if that I should take a static page as my front/homepage and 'create' a posts-page which looks exactly like is does now on my posts homepage. Any tutorial on how to create a posts page that is exactly like the standard posts display in Atahualpa?

But, since I'm only talking about 4 or 5 lines of text or some links to static content, isn't there a much easier option for that to be displayed 'only' on the homepage, above the first post?

As I'm typing this, I think I would call it a 'welcome' text I guess...
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:26 AM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
Perfect example, wrong software

http://www.bloggingtips.com/2009/02/...ve-your-posts/
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Why not use a 'sticky' post?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 01:50 AM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
Initially I hit myself for the head for not realising that option was there...and I guess it would work...but preffer that footer bar with that date, time and comment stuff to be gone for that post...

Also a 'subject' would not be necessarry, but maybe I'm making it too complicated?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can control the sticky info at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP with a little PHP
just change the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_sticky()) bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:19 AM
Chester

21 posts · Jun 2009
hehehe...somehow I knew it would work when I understood what you were trying to do, still thought it was cool to see it disappear.

Great job, thank you so much.