Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Suddenly, content just disappears

Old May 3, 2012, 12:57 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
I think I found the log files but of course I don't know what I'm looking for.

I looked at the index.php file and see a bunch of gobbledygook at the end. Is that what you are referring to? Is it safe to assume that any site where I find such code is compromised?

Is the DB itself compromised? How do I know?

aaack...
Old May 3, 2012, 01:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
aaack is right.

Sometimes you can get away with deleting that code from the offending files after getting rid of hack code in htaccess and perhaps fixing the timthumb vulnerability for one (there is a plugin for that issue).

For one site I made a list of all the plugins I had installed, deleted all the plugins, manually reinstalled WordPress, changed passwords etc. etc.

There is no "one way" to fix this. Sucuri and others offer that as a service by I don't have any direct experience with them so can't recommend or not recommend them.

I wish I had a better answer for you.
Old May 3, 2012, 01:35 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
since I didn't see that code in htaccess, does that mean it got in another way?
Old May 3, 2012, 01:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Step 1 - CHANGE ALL PASSWORDS
then you can move forward
Old May 3, 2012, 02:14 PM
horsemansarts

122 posts · Jul 2009
THAT I'm already working on!

What about the DB itself? Is it possible that there is hack code somewhere in the DB? If so, how would I find it? What would it look like?
Old May 3, 2012, 03:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes it is possible the database is corrupt. I believe some of the links I gave you give some ideas of what to look for