Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Changed Wordpress URL and can't login any more

Old Jan 6, 2013, 05:12 AM
Corfromleuven

4 posts · Dec 2012
Changed Wordpress URL and can't login any more

Today I made the rather miserable mistake to change the Wordpress URL. I thought, having a proper domain-name, that I should change it. Alas, I can't log in any more via WP-ADMIN to change it back again.

I then searched this site and the wordpress codex to find a solution. This proved easy at first sight: change some settings in functions.php from the atahualpa theme and the site would be back up again. Said wordpress codex.

But unfortunately atahualpa doesn't own a proper functions.php to change the settings. So I searched this site more in dept, but only found out that I could change that via bfa_theme_options.php.

So I changed home_url into site_url in line 7 using filezilla editor as suggested.

Noting happens!

Can any body help?

Thanx
Old Jan 6, 2013, 05:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off you have a database backup...right?
Well go make another one - you can use phpMyAdmin and you can use phpMyAdmin to change the values in the wp-option table.

oh, atahuala does have a function.php I don't know why you would say it is not proper...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 09:35 AM
Corfromleuven

4 posts · Dec 2012
No back-up unfortunately. With not proper regarding the functions.php I meant that this is not the file where the Home_url resides, so the Wordpress Codex suggestion I quoted is not working 'properly' with atahualpa.

I hoped there would be a more easy way to change back the whole thing without having to use phpMyadmin, which is not workable with my hosting service.

Their php management system doesn't allow for table entries.

So looks pretty bad for what is I suppose a beginners error.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look in atahualpa/functions/bfa_theme_options.php for the URL's you might be able to hard code it there.

oh...I'd get a new host