Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Positioning widget onto logo area creates extra spacing in the overall header area

Old May 20, 2010, 11:48 AM
cab262

90 posts · Dec 2009
I am adding new widget areas to position content on top of the logo area using the suggestion from this post: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ghlight=button

Code:
%logo %pages %image <?php bfa_widget_area('name=altheader'); ?> 
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=mysearch'); ?>
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=login'); ?>
While everything works, it has a side effect of adding space to the bottom of the header block, even though the object boundaries, margins, padding, etc do not extend below the %image area.

If I remove the widget areas, the content body slides up against the image.

Would this be expected behavior because the divs are at the code layer being added to the end of the header block, even though I'm positioning them above the end of the header area in the presentation layer?
Old May 20, 2010, 01:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Aahualpa and WP?
what is the url?