Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] New Widget area below Header spanning across page but not right sidebar

Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:04 AM
eilish

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a repetition of other posts but I've been looking through the forum and can't find a solution to this / can't understand half of what's been said. Also, I must preface this by saying I'm not a coder so get lost with most of the technical jargon.

My homepage is entirely widgets - there are no blog entries posting to the center column.
I want to insert a widget which spans horizontally across most of the page EXCEPT from the right sidebar as I want to keep this static. So I guess I want a widget that spans across the Left sidebar, left inner sidebar, center column and right inner sidebar. Can this be achieved with widgets and how can I do it?

Thanks in advance,
e
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
what is the url?

You can't have a widget span the top of the Left sidebar, left inner sidebar, center column, right inner sidebar and have it not span the top of the right sidebar. Since you aren't a coder I'll spare you the technical reason. Actually it probably is doable, but you would have o dig into the code and make some changes and trying to explain that is beyond the scope of the forum.

So for you the answer is 'No, sorry'
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:35 AM
eilish

4 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using Ata 3.5.3. Latest version of WP (3.0.4).

The url is www.amp.ie
At the moment I'm only using the left, left inner and right sidebars.
I'd like to position a widget which spans across the left and left-inner sidebar (where the subtitless "learn" and "make" are) and in this widget have a 'Latest Post' feed coming into this from the blog page.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not doable without making coding changes. Since you are not a coder, you might want to hire someone to do this for you.

You can post on the 'Customization, Design, Programming...' requesting to hire someone.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:36 PM
eilish

4 posts · Jan 2011
I've resolved this by just using the left sidebar and using a plugin which posts excerpts of recent posts into any widget area. There's a good few out there but this one seemed the best for me: http://trepmal.com/plugins/advanced-...ent-posts-mod/

thanks for your help and a great theme!
e