Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Plugin for coupon database doesn't work correctly

Old Sep 15, 2011, 05:51 AM
thextremetime

7 posts · Aug 2011
Plugin for coupon database doesn't work correctly

Hello, first of all give thanks for the great support you give to all members of this forum.
You have been very helpful so far to make all necessary changes in my blog.

My problem is this:
I am building a blog coupons and I've installed a plugin to create a database of coupons. The installation was successful, the problem is that when you perform a search for some coupons in the search results says "coupons not found".

I changed the default theme and here it shows coupons, correctly.

It's super weird that some coupons aren't showing up and other yes.

I consulted the author of plugin and have made appropriate checks to see that the plugin is correctly installed and he told me that probably something interferes with the plugin.
I'm going crazy, since the only plugin I have installed is this and I've changed the default template and everything works fine.

The coupondatabase is here

Any idea, please?

Thank you.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:00 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The first thing to do would be to apply ALL the Atahutalpa 3.6.7 patches as they affect areas other than those mentioned in the titles.
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in PATCH 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:24 AM
thextremetime

7 posts · Aug 2011
lmilesw thank you for your answer.

I followed your instructions and I installed the necessary patches.
Something I have advanced, the coupons are shown but if I do the following:
Choose a source, for example: Allure, September.
To display the coupons I first click on "Link to Search", nothing comes up then repeat the search again and click on "Search".

So yes you can view the coupons.
What I don't understand is why in some I have to do this crossword puzzle and not in others.
It is possible that something is interfering with the search function?

Any ideas please?

Thank you.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you mean by
Quote:
Choose a source, for example: Allure, September.
I don't see where to 'pick' anything

are you using a plugin for the database? What is it? if not where did you get it?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I see what you are talking about in the advanced search function and I too had to do what you did to see the entries for Allure September but the way they have there search set up is unclear to me. What is "Link to search"? What is the plugin?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:11 AM
thextremetime

7 posts · Aug 2011
This is the page where I have installed the database.

I've installed the plugin: dsmcouponsclient-1.0.15. I've purchased on this page. They have the same database.

What I say: "Choose a source, for example: Allure, September".
When you try to search for a coupon, from my coupon database:
Click on "advanced search" and there is a box. If you choose "source" there is a list of coupons available. If for example I choose "Allure, September" to display the coupons I first click on "Link to Search", nothing comes up. Then repeat the search again and click on "Search". So Yes You Can view the coupons.

The problem is that the coupons would be enough to see to click on "Search"

You can see how the database works here.

I apologize if my English is not very good, and maybe I'm not explaining very well.
Anyway, thank you very much for your help and for your interest.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Without having the plugin to test. I am not sure what to tell you. Based on what you said it has something to do with the way the plugin works with Atahualpa but it is difficult to determine whether that is because there is an issue with the Theme or the plugin has some code that is non standard.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:27 AM
spanthegnome

1 posts · Nov 2011
Where did you get the coupon database. I am looking to do a local coupon blog in my town.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 07:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you read the posts on this thread?