Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Screen Resolution

Old Aug 3, 2009, 05:06 PM
paulharrisjr

17 posts · Mar 2009
I haven't read this on any forum, so I was wondering what folks thought about it.

What do you about setting the perfect screen resolution?

I doubt many people still use 800 by 600. I am under the assumption that the average is 1200 by 768? NO?

Well I currently use 1440 by 990 for my personal computer and I am almost certain that most folks do not use that, which means when they view my website, the images will be very large.

Is there a way to have a "fluid" like structure where my website adapts to the resolution set by the visitor's computer?

Or should I pick a resolution and hope that my readers viewing experience is ok?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:18 AM
jankph

93 posts · Jul 2009
ATA 3.6.4 and WP 3.1
I have set my max width according to what most of my users have, based on the reports from Google Analytics, showing that only 3% use 800x600, while 31% use 1024x768, and the rest use wider resolutions. Since anything wider than 1024 will annoy 31% of my readers I use that as my max fluid width.

Besides, my philosophy is that you should be able to read my blog without moving your head from side to side like watching a tennis game, so wider, even if the screen is wider, is not an option for me. But it really depends on your blog's content and layout. I have a 3-column main column in the middle layout, so making that part too wide will ruin the reading experience...well, that's what I think for my blog, but it may be different for your's.