Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Firefox 3.5 STILL showing Blogroll, Meta, unwanted plug-ins

Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:23 PM
rebmarmad

8 posts · Dec 2009
I've spent two days on this now. I've read the same posts over and over, and I've tried all the following:

1. Activating, deactivating plug-ins.
2. Looking at my footer.php file--can't find the offending code.
3. Dragging and dropping side items about a half dozen times.
4. Doing a "super refresh" on my browser.
5. Sleeping on it and hoping it will go away.

I CANNOT make the Atahualpa 3 default side items of Blogroll, Meta, Yahoo hosting, etc. go away in Firefox 3.5. I FINALLY got them to go away in IE, but STILL they persist in Firefox.

Can someone just tell me, step-by-step how to kill them off once and for all???

If you can, I will happily donate to the site. Otherwise, after a week of tinkering with this theme, I'm about to throw in the towel.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa?
as soon as you add a widget to the right sidebar, wordpress will stop displaying the default ones
same holds tru for the left sidebar.
Did you switch to atahualpa from another theme?
If so which one.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:39 PM
rebmarmad

8 posts · Dec 2009
Version 3.4.4. And I guess I did switch from the default WordPress theme that starts up when you activate a blog in Yahoo Small Business. But I didn't have any content yet.

I do have widgets in the side bars. Do I need widgets in all the sidebars to make it stop? I don't have enough content for there to be much there.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:41 PM
rebmarmad

8 posts · Dec 2009
P.S., I think "Kubrick" is the default theme I started from.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 12:48 PM
rebmarmad

8 posts · Dec 2009
Okay, maybe despite my best efforts to do a "super refresh," I'm still getting a cached version. I just signed in and pulled up my blog from inside my Yahoo account, and I got it sans "Blogroll," etc. You can check www.rebeccamarmaduke.com.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it's fine in safari and firefox on the mac
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:17 PM
rebmarmad

8 posts · Dec 2009
Yep. I finally figured it all out. Difficult to explain why I managed to get so confuzzled.

Well, with the formatting thing resolved, the rest is up to me. Hi ho hi ho...