Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Noobie widget question (with bfa_widdget_area)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:29 PM
GaryDev

9 posts · Nov 2011
Noobie widget question (with bfa_widdget_area)

I am new to WP and the Atahualpa theme. Both WP and the theme are the latest code (albeit the theme says 3.7.3 is available but I can only seem to find 3.7.1 download which is currently installed).

I've been doing the google searches and I've added in the code in the style/edit footer area of:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer&cells=2&align=8&align _2=8&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

(just as a side note, I've also seen several posts and have looked at the functions.php file where this could be "permanently" defined)

What I have been trying to find out, is what the full values of the options imply. I get that it makes a "Footer" type code, and it creates two evenly spaced out footer sections. For the moment, I am more interested in what the values allowed for the "align" side. I did try changing align_2 from 8 to 9, and it seemed to change that cell from valign middle and alight left, to valign top and align left.

Again, I apologize for my HTML ignorance, it's never been my programming language, even after 30 years of doing programming. The site I am trying to assist with is under the control of one of your donated members (not sure what their nic is they are using), and its for a breast cancer patient fighting for survival. I am helping out for free, just trying to make things a bit better... any assistance with this particular problem would be deeply appreciated.

Is there a link or spot where all of these options have been defined?

I do have other questions, some of which I've been able to figure out, some not. I don't want to stretch my welcome out, so I will leave those to later on (if I can't find the answers with google)... but knowing and understanding this particular step will make my understanding of how this all works a whole lot better. Thanks kindly in advance.