Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Weird whitespace between header image and logo area background

Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:01 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
[SOLVED] Weird whitespace between header image and logo area background

I have a weird white space showing up between the top of my header images and the bottom of my logo area background (if I set the logo area background to no-repeat, its not currently set that way though). You can see now where there is a repeat of the logo background going on making my graphics appear to not line up. The area in question is about 3 or 4 pixels high.

I have looked and looked and can't find anything in the CSS settings that would affect this. However, it was not an issue until I removed a CSS insert that was somehow causing the search box and RSS icons to not show up. Once I removed that and the box/icons appeared, so did the weird spacing.

I am using version 5.3.5. I can't upgrade to a newer version because since I moved to A Small Orange for hosting, I just get a screen showing my background with no content with any newer ones. I am using the most recent version of WordPress.

Any idea on how to remove this gap so my graphics will go together seamlessly again? The URL is http://prettycanhurt.com/.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it looks like the space you have for the image is bigger than the image, so you are getting a repeat of the image. make the space smaller
Old Mar 24, 2011, 08:01 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
I tried that first actually. My background image is 77 pixels high. My CSS specifies it is 77 pixels high. Just in case though, I set it to 70 pixels and get the same result. Still has extra space showing a repeat of the image. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:20 PM
inkdork

41 posts · Sep 2010
Lancaster, CA
I solved it. I exported my settings, then restored everything to defaults to get the CSS inserts that were present when I first installed it back again, since it was when I removed the ones pertaining to the search box and RSS icons that the problem started.

I had suspicions the issue was with the search box itself, but wasn't sure. This is the insert that was removed and caused the issue.

Code:
td#header {
padding-bottom: 15px;
}
div.searchbox {
position: absolute;
top: 130px;
right: 25px;
}
div.searchbox input.text {
border: none;
padding: 2px 15px 2px 3px;
background: #fff url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/search2.gif') no-repeat right center;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
height: 15px;
bolder: solid 1px #e7e7e7;
font-size: 11px;
}
I added it back in, one piece at a time until the gap disappeared and the search box vanished. I saw that the search box was invisible because it was being positioned outside of the element. I tweaked the CSS to reposition the search box on the opposite side and everything is perfect.

Code:
td#header {
padding-bottom: 15px;
}

div.searchbox {
position: absolute;
top: 45px;
left: 25px;
}
Thanks for the help.