Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Remove Padding for Home Page Only

Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:33 PM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
WP 3.0.1; ATA 3.5.3; Mac OS X 10.6.4; Firefox 3.6.9
Remove Padding for Home Page Only

I have read a few other threads regarding how to change margins/padding for an individual page. I just can't get the right selector. I would like the slideshow to bleed off the left and right sides of the following home page.

http://sweetboutiquellc.com/

I have tried a number of different selectors, but none have worked. Here are the latest I tried:

div#post-19 td#middle {padding:0px;}

div.post-19 td#middle {padding:0px;}

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by c12281; Sep 1, 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The image goes all the way to the edge on Firefox and Windows 7.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 09:49 AM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
WP 3.0.1; ATA 3.5.3; Mac OS X 10.6.4; Firefox 3.6.9
I kept searching and finally found the answer in the forums. I used the following code:

body.home td#middle {
padding:0px;
background:#FFC9D4;

Question, though. I could not find this selector (body.home td#middle) in Firebug. Is there a guide or something I could refer to going forward that will help me more quickly find the right selector? I am no expert on Firebug, Divs, or Classes -- I spend sooooo much time trying to identify the right selector. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 06:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I spend quite a bit of time finding the right selector at times as well. It really is a matter of experience.