Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Favicon doesn't want to appear or doesn't do so properly

Old Aug 13, 2010, 06:14 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
I've replaced the favicon file in my icons directory and set the ATO option to point to the (now only) image in that directory. But it isn't showing up on the tab in Firefox.

The path is www.executive-post.info. I've tried the same in another domain and the same problem exists. I have refreshed the cache in both cases.

Any thoughts on what else I can try, please?

Many thanks, Graham.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:01 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try renaming the .ico file. I have had issues with favicons not showing when I changed them but didn't rename.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 06:42 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Sadly, renaming didn't work.

No doubt something is going on... the same icon in the same place on two different sites - one works (www.the-confidant.info) the other doesn't (www.executive-post.info). Ah well, I will keep trying and maybe it'll work one of these days.

Cheers, Graham.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 07:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check the file permission
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:49 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Ah ha! Sorry to have troubled you... I discovered that the file I'd tried to use was massive. When I replaced it with a much smaller one it works fine.

Many thanks,
Graham.