Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Removing Magnifying Glass Icon from Search Widget

Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:19 AM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Is there a way I can remove the magnifying glass Icon from the search widget?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 08:55 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In searchform.php, delete this:

PHP Code:
<td class="searchbutton">
<input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/magnifier2-gray.gif" style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 0;" />
</td>
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
All of the code you reproduced there or only the stuff in blue? I want a button instead of the icon.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:38 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You didn't mention that you want a button. The search form would still have worked - by pressing [Enter] on the keyboard.

To replace the magnifier with a HTML button, replace, in searchform.php:

PHP Code:
<input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/magnifier2-gray.gif" style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 0;" />
</td>
with

PHP Code:
<
input type="submit" class="button"  value="Search" />
</
td
The value="Search" can be any text. The whole form should adjust to the width of the sidebar. The longer you make the text the shorter the input field should get. value="&nbsp;" (button without text) or value="&raquo;" (button with right angle quote as text) should work as well if there's not much space in the sidebar.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:16 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Worked like a charm. I hope you're the guy that gets the money in the tip jar. I left a little bit for you. I have another question coming up.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryGomez
I left a little bit for you.
Thank you, Henry.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 12:36 PM
49Monsters

41 posts · Aug 2010
MN
I'm trying to place my own button instead of the magnifying glass.

Searchform php:

<form method="get" class="searchform" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>/">
<table class="searchform" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="searchfield">
<input type="text" class="text inputblur" value="<?php the_search_query(); ?>" name="s" />
</td>
<td class="searchbutton">
<input name="submit" value="search" type="image" src="<?php echo get_bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 0px;" />
</td>
</tr></table>

Need to know how to delete the word search and still be able to place my button and the end of the box.
</form>

CSS Insert:

.searchfield input {
color: #781351;
background: #fee3ad; top left;
border: 2px solid #8718c5;
width: 180px;
padding: 0px 0px 5px 0px;
margin-bottom: 10px; margin-right: 0px;
}

.searchbutton {
background: url(./wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/search_go.png) top left; no-repeat;
}

Need to know how to get rid of the word Search and still be able to have my new button positioned at the end of the box. Right now, somehow I have four images of my button showing with "Search" over printing them.