Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Repeating Background Image for entire site

Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
jtsharp

23 posts · Mar 2010
I'm admittedly not great with CSS selectors and such, but I'm trying to set a repeating image as the background of my whole site.

I've been editing the content.css file, here:
Quote:
/************************************************** ******************
<BODY> for TEXT
************************************************** ******************/

body {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
font-family: "Segoe UI", "Lucida Grande", "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
font-size: 15px;
opacity: 0; /* <--- will be turned on ( = set to '1' ) with jQuery
after google fonts, if any, have loaded and masonry layout,
if any, was applied */
background: ("http://www.drjeremysharp.com/test/wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/grid.png");
}
In the red section, I've tried all sorts of things to put the image there, but all of them produce a white background, like nothing's changed. I've tried
- background-image: url('wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/grid.png');
- background: url('wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/grid.png');
- background-image: ('http://www.drjeremysharp.com/test/wp-content/themes/montezuma/images/grid.png');

The image itself is 200 x 200 and grey.

Anything jumping out as obviously wrong? I was able to edit the color no problem, but when I try the image it doesn't work.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:52 AM
jtsharp

23 posts · Mar 2010
Figured it out.

For some reason, this works:

background: url( %tpldir%/images/grid.png );
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your were just missing "url" before the link to the image in your original code.