Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Cannot remove sidebars from pages

Old Jan 23, 2011, 10:10 AM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Using 3.6.1 and can't remove sidebars from a page. In "Style and configure sidebars" I have have entered the ID of the page in "LEFT sidebar: Don't display on Pages." I've also done it for the right sidebar. Yet, the sidebars still display. I'm getting the page ID from the URL when editing the page, http://www.2-speed.com/wp-admin/post...35&action=edit. Thus, post ID 535. that is what's being entered in the "Don't display on pages" field.

I'm baffled. The page is: http://www.2-speed.com/library/. Any ideas?

TIA.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please export your settings and attach them to a reply (ato->export/import settings)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:33 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Sorry for the delay. Setting files attached.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-www2-speedcom-20110125.txt (17.8 KB, 1366 views)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you went to dashboard->settings->reading and set that page to be your 'blog' page.
Wordpress calls the 'blog' page the 'home' page, which is different than the 'front' page (the landing page - though the can be the same, but I digress). Because of this, it is no longer considered to be page-id 535 but the 'Homepage'

What you need to do is go to ato->Style & configure SIDEBARS->LEFT sidebar: Display on: and uncheck 'Homepage' and it will go away.

NOTE: If you set another page to be the Blog page and want to keep the sidebars from showing on this page, you will need to have the page id (in your case 535) in the 'LEFT sidebar: Don't display on Pages:' - it won't do any harm to keep it there now....the only problem I can see is two months from now you set another page to be the blog page and the sidebars on this page don't show and you pull your hair out till you remember that it is still in the list. (Grin)
Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:13 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for the quick response, but I'm not sure I'm following you.

My "Front Page" is set to "Your Latest Posts." So, page 535 should not be my "Blog Page" or my "Home Page."

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
very odd, both this page and the landing page indicate in the generated source that they are the home page.

have you made any changes to the theme code?
Is this page using a plugin of any sort?
try temporally disabling ALL your plugins
Old Jan 27, 2011, 04:59 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
The page is generated by a plugin, Now Reading Reloaded. If I disable all other plugins, I have the same problem. I can't, for obvious reasons, disable this plugin.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well, that plugin is causing the issue. You may need to look at the templates the plugin uses, or at it's code. It's not a theme related issue...sorry
Old Jan 27, 2011, 07:30 PM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
Makes sense. The plugin code calls the header and footer as is expected. The theme's header and footer code checks to see if the side bar flags are set. For some reason, they are not, even though they should be through the theme's settings. Are the flags global? Can I set them inside the plugin's code speed.com that the theme's header and footer routines can be called as normal?

Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 05:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Can I set them inside the plugin's code speed.com that the theme's header and footer routines can be called as normal?
ou can try. (??speed.com???)
Old Jan 28, 2011, 06:32 AM
duevelocita

9 posts · Apr 2009
I'll hack around. Thanks for all the guidance.