Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Showing Off - Part II

Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:00 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I would install Backup to DropBox. I would change hosts. I would download the backup copy to my computer and upload it to the new host. The reason i is important is because to my understanding, the closer your content is to the top of the coding makes a difference in your page ranking. If your content does not start until line 1853, you don't get the ranking that a competitor has whose content starts at line 138.

I do not mean to tell you how to suck eggs but I found this video by Tod Maffin really helpful regarding Google ranking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py5IGnL82_c
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:58 PM
keith_h

21 posts · Jun 2013
Hi Sharon. I agree with your observations but my suggestions regarding a better host fell upon deaf ears and sadly site performance it is what it is and is unlikely to improve.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:44 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Pity about that, Keith. But it is their decision. In the meantime, you have given them a nice looking website and that is what you were paid for. The link I sent you is about some basic SEO. I really like Tod Maffin and I did learn a few helpful things.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 05:12 AM
fnm

2 posts · Jul 2016
Here's my new wellness blog:

http://antientropia.ro

Critiques and comments are welcome.

Last edited by fnm; Jul 19, 2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:50 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
It certainly is very "clean" looking.

...which is my problem. There are no graphics, not a lot to create interest.

Your first page,Prima Pagina, should likely have a different hidden name with more keywords, not just anti-entropia, but "staying healthy well into old age" or some other keywords. Not a lot of people know what entropy is.

You know this, but the three links under Experimente don't do anything. Ask us again after your website is more than 2 or 3 days old, once you have some more content.

Finally, be sure that your CSS and JS are external...select that in Atahualpa Theme Options down at the bottom.

Best wishes!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 05:54 AM
fnm

2 posts · Jul 2016
I've added some posts and some images. Hopefully it is looking better now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonJ
Your first page,Prima Pagina, should likely have a different hidden name with more keywords, not just anti-entropia, but "staying healthy well into old age" or some other keywords.
I'm not sure how I would do that, is there an Atahualpa's option for that?

Thanks for the advices and feedback.

http://antientropia.ro