Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Post Body Content Missing & Category Pages 404

Old Jun 9, 2010, 08:35 AM
MichaelNagel

14 posts · May 2010
I installed AT3.4.6 on one site, then decided the domain name should be different, and so reinstalled on site 2. (www.personal-authenticity-project.com). I manually reinstalled the plugins and their settings. I exported the posts from site 1 and imported them to 2.

Except for my top post on my home page, the following posts correctly show title, excerpt, and footer. HOWEVER, when I link to the excerpted post's page, the post's body content is missing. The title, byline, and footer show, but not the post body content.

When I go to "edit posts", the posts has full content, but when I preview, no body content shows. I thought of trying to re-post (copy the content to a new post and preview), and this new post preview also showed no body content, although there's full text in the edit area.

Researching this on the web, I saw one site suggest testing whether the problem occurs with the default WP theme. It does not occur with the WP default theme (matter of fact, all of the posts on the home page show full content, they are not excerpted).

With regard to categories, neither AT nor the default theme show category content. Instead, there's a 404...

Is there any help you can provide??? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you made any changes to the code?
have you made any changes to the options on the 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN' page
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:46 AM
MichaelNagel

14 posts · May 2010
Thanks Juggledad, no. I copied (old site: ctrl-a, ctrl-c - new site: ctrl-a, ctrl-v) the parms on the old site to the new. Went through all of the ATO options line by line.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 02:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when you moved the sites, did you change databases? ie change the wp-config.php or are both sites pointing at the same database?

The only way to figure out what you have done is to get into the backend and poke around
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:14 AM
MichaelNagel

14 posts · May 2010
On the new domain, I did a new install of WP. I've have verified the database defined in the new and old site's wp-config are different.

For the heck of it, I again copied the ATO loop code and pasted it to the new install, thinking perhaps I might have screwed that up. but no.. the same.

I'm thinking, I could copy the old database to the new install DB name, change the new config to have username and password be the same as the old site's db parm values. Then do a "search and replace" on the "new" (copied DB) substituting the hardcoded old url with the new... Your thoughts about this? To support this, would any values have to be changed on the new WP platform panels? Or can you think of something?

Thanks again,
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would have to poke arround in the backend. If you want to send me a PM with an admin ID and PW I'll take a look.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:43 PM
ScalableSite

81 posts · Feb 2012
I have the same problem. It displays 404, click preview, it prompts me saying I am not authorized to view. It's the first time I run into this kind of problem.
My new post shows 404, I upgrade WP to 3.41, it didn't fix my problem. The old posts are there, only the new post doesn't work.

ScalableSite

Last edited by ScalableSite; Aug 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Make it clear
Old Aug 5, 2012, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
set permalinks back to the default
check the post
check the post slug
reset permalinks back to whet you have now
check the post
Old Aug 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
ScalableSite

81 posts · Feb 2012
I tried it. It still shows 404
Old Aug 7, 2012, 04:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what happens if you swap to twenty-eleven?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:07 AM
ScalableSite

81 posts · Feb 2012
Before I swap, I would like to get some answers first. It is a live site, when I swap, I understand all the post contents remain there. What will happen, if I swap back to ATA, will all my setup (menu,plug in,..) remain unchanged? It will be lot of work for me if I have to redo my menu.

ScalableSite
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The theme options are stored in the database and will remain once you swap back. If you are using a custom wp menu you may have to select it again but that should be it.

Do a database backup first as extra insurance or better yeh you should duplicate the site so you have an environment to test changes in