Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

favicon/header image code showing instead of images...wlwmanifest.xml?

Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:44 AM
cocola72

5 posts · Apr 2010

info:
using WP Verson 2.9.1
using Atahualpa Theme Version 3.4

here's the site:
http://www.theplantationpoa.com

everything was working beautifully, making only content changes and no config/css edits for a while now. then yesterday, the header image and some of the css seems to have broken/gone away and the following lines of code show up on the site.

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/favicon/20-favicon.ico" /> /xmlrpc.php" /> /xmlrpc.php?rsd" /> /wp-includes/wlwmanifest.xml" />

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/poa_wpheader_1_flat.jpg') top center no-repeat;">

i never specified a favicon but i do have custom header img in place. the file is there on the server, but not showing up for some reason.

also....from the site, when i click the Log In link, the actual site refreshes and does not take me to the WP Log In page.

If I enter the actual URL for the Log In page, I get to the Log In page but it's NOT styled correctly and then when I enter my Log In info, again, nothing happens except for a page refresh.

basically, i can't get into my WP dashboard to do anything.

has anyone come across this issue? would deeply appreciate any help or insight into this as i'm new to WP and don't know where to start for troubleshooting.

thanks in advance for any help!
coco
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do you have a network ad's plugin? try disabling it
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oh oh, I think you have been hacked - see http://wordpress.org/support/topic/385477
check your dashboard->settings->URL and see what it is

Change your admin password, ftp password and database password

are you hosted at newtork solutions?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:16 AM
cocola72

5 posts · Apr 2010
i wish i could
whatever's going on has disabled my ability to log in to my dashboard......

geez.

would a call to my hosting provider help in this case?

coco
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:16 AM
cocola72

5 posts · Apr 2010
yes....network solutions

what's up with that?

i called them this morning and they said it was a WP issue.

coco
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the wordpress post I pointed to says
Quote:
I have had a rash of hacks lately and talked to Network Solutions (my host) They tell me all of their wordpress sites are getting banged up, but their servers are clean.
I wonder if all their wordpress sites are being banged, do they have an issue? did someone find a way in ??
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:27 AM
cocola72

5 posts · Apr 2010
network solutions says (i'm on the phone with them now) that a "few" of their wordpress sites are getting hacked and they all seem to be running older versions of WP. I am. I was afraid to upgrade b/c of possible site crash/mess.

wow.
any ideas about how to even begin to fix this? with as little loss of content and style configuration?

thanks for sticking with this btw.....so many parties...so many possiblities.

coco
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:28 AM
cocola72

5 posts · Apr 2010
network solutions is starting a "service request" ticket and is going to scan the site for possible intruders....but they won't know if it's a database hack or a theme/plugin hack until they do.

i will certainly keep updating here as i get updates from them.

coco
Old Apr 8, 2010, 08:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) do a database backup - use phpMyAdmin and back it up
then look thru the thread I posted from wordpress.org It points to a couple sites telling you how to go 'clean things up.

This is not an quick process you need to look at everything to make sure there isin't a back door.