Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Problem with widget width and sidebars in Explorer

Old Apr 3, 2009, 01:25 PM
conon

21 posts · Mar 2009
Another question

I have some Explorer related problems (surprise!). I have tried to find an answer for this in the forum but did not really understand the other IE-related threads.

1. Only in Explorer: The right padding doesn't seem to work on my widgets in Explorer. The text goes to the edge or sometimes outside on the right side

2. Only in Explorer: My center bar with widgets does not listen to the 15px margin tag and floats over to the right sidebar. I have tried several things but can't get it to work.

3. In both FF and IE: I have padding-left: 15px on td#middle which looks good on the front page with widgets. But when a page is open the left side is 15px to narrow. Can I separate them or use the padding in a different way?

Screenshot from Explorer
http://browsershots.org/screenshots/...29f95207747f6/

Temporary site: www.roxipher.com/wordpress

Your theme is great! Thanks...
Sebastian
Old Apr 5, 2009, 10:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The browsershots link isn't working

What I see is (in actual browsers running on my computer)

IE7: Everything seems to be fine
IE6: The widget heading containers need margin-right: -15px, width: 100% or 100% auto; display: block - one or several of these.

In IE6, even after you got the widget headings working, the negative margins might be misaligned when the page is being scrolled down/up.

It would probably be better to avoid the negative margins there altogether and add a separate DIV for the content:

<DIV class="widget_kbrss"> <--- No padding so its content spans from left to right

<DIV class="heading"> <--- No margin instead of negative margin -15px
Heading
</DIV>

<DIV class="content"> <--- 15px padding
Content
</DIV>

<DIV class="bottom"> <--- No margin
background image transparent PNG
</DIV>

</DIV>

If you cannot add this second DIV "content" manually right into the content area of the KBRSS widget, then you could edit the widget's PHP file.

And IE6 would need a PNG transparency fix, right now the bottom shadow is not transparent in IE6

Currently it looks like this in IE6
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	roxipher.com-ie6.gif
Views:	1263
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	79  
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:22 AM
conon

21 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you for taking your time looking at it. I'll try that...