Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Blank Sales Page - No Header / No Footer - For Specific Pages - The Atahualp

Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:42 AM
ClearlyRobert

20 posts · May 2010
Here is a non-elegant solution for suppressing the header and/or footer on the Atahualpa theme that I came up:

For the header:

Go to Appearance / Editor
Select Header.php
Find <!-- Header -->
Insert <?php if( !is_page('2548') ) :?>
Find <!-- / Header --> (about 5 lines below <!-- Header -->
Insert <?php endif;?>
Click Update File

That's it. In my case above, I wanted the header on all pages EXCEPT page 2548. Choose your page id accordingly.

The same new lines work for the footer.php file too if you don't want the footer on your page.

For the footer:

Go to Appearance / Editor
Select Footer.php
Find <!-- Footer -->
Insert <?php if( !is_page('2548') ) :?>
Find <?php wp_footer(); ?> (about 16 lines below <!-- Footer -->
Insert <?php endif;?>
Click Update File

I figured out the above from a hodge podge of stuff I found regarding generic Wordpress. I am not a coder - so there may be a lot better way to do this.

I personally find this way to be a pain in the ass since every time I want to add a new sales letter without a header, I have to manually go in and edit the header.php file and add the new page ID - but at least this works.

I would love to see a future version of this great theme include a blank page template choice that would do all of this as easy as a drop down menu. There are a LOT of folks who do sales pages who could use this.

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a workaround for a sales page for the Atahualpa theme.

If anyone has a more elegant solution, I would love to see it!

Robert

Last edited by ClearlyRobert; Mar 10, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
add the following to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
body.page-id-2548 #header {display: none;}
body.page-id-2548 #footer {display: none;}
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:11 AM
ClearlyRobert

20 posts · May 2010
Pardon my ignorance (again!) but I don't see a file called CSS Inserts. Where do I find it?

Will this do the same thing as the php code in header.php and footer.php - or should this be done in addition to what I have already done?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 10:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
replaces what you have
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
ClearlyRobert

20 posts · May 2010
Sorry Dad....I FINALLY understood your code....Thanks!

For any other dummies like me:

ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts

Means Go to Appearance / Atahualpa Theme Options / Various Content Items / Add HTML/CSS Inserts (Hint: it is near the bottom of the page)...

Then add in the following for each page you want to block the header and/or the footer:

body.page-id-2548 #header {display: none;}
body.page-id-2548 #footer {display: none;}

In this case, page ID = 2548.

Thanks, again!

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 10, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I stopped typing out 'Atahualpa Theme Options' about 10,000 posts ago