Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

I have a mysterious facebook icon on my posts–yes, I believe I looked there for it...

Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:08 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

I have this very strange thing. First, I don't recall ever adding a facebook icon. Second, it is not in my plugins or widgets. Also, in ATO it is not in Style Posts and Pages–Footer either. I've looked in all the settings and searched this page but just cannot get it worked out.

Addtionally, I did add a share widget but I don't like its positioning. Can I change its position?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:46 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

so I did find the Face book icon and deleted it. So now I just need to edit the share plugin–it's positioning someitmes gets in the wway of photos or has a wierd positioning after post. I have located the edit plugin but have no idea how to fix this in there or even if I should. I t seems like the plugin would show up somewhere in ATO so I could position it as per post or something. Thanks for our help.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Could you supply a link to your site?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 09:18 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hi!

Here it is: http://landlit.com/
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Have you checked the plugin authors site? What share plugin is it?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 08:03 PM
mimilemeu

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hi sorry, I've had my head in something since yesterday. The plugin is called Share Widget WordPress Plugin. As far as I can tell there's no instruction on their site. I am just thinking that when it installed where would it go. I think I would have to change its positioning there wouldn't I? I went to edit (plugin) and tried to add some spaces in the code (I know that's probably dorkish) but it didn't work. It just crowds the post and looks akward.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 11:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When I run into that kind of issue I look for another plugin. Sometimes it's just not worth the time to figure it out.
Old May 27, 2011, 11:46 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
what is your preferred share plug-in? I just want something reasonable to appear at the bottom of every post. I have used one called Share This, but the share icons are very large and I don't like it.
i.e.
www.richardhughes.ca
Old May 27, 2011, 11:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't know if I have a preferred plugin but there is Sharedaddy that is part of the Jetpack plugin that is nice and Sexy Bookmarks. The nice thing about the Sharedaddy solution is that is part of all new WP installs which gives me a sense that it could be a bit more reliable.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
thank you! that looks perfect!