Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Changing first menu tab color.

Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
While playing around with background colors on the menu tabs the first tab never changed color. It stayed the default grey.
How do I change the first menu tab background color to match the other menu tabs background color. This first tab is the Home main page tab.

Thanks Bob

Last edited by 2BRetired; Mar 22, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  • What do you have the Background color boxes for the menu?
  • Are you using the WordPress menu system?
  • What version of Atahualpa and WordPress?
  • Do you want a hover effect on the menus?
  • Are you saying the Home menu NEVER changes color when you hover or go to a different page?
Sorry for so many questions but there area bunch of variables.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:51 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Atahualpa 3.5.3
Wordpress 3.1
Wordpress menu system is blank.

I never noticed before but the first menu tab does not change color when you hover over it. It stays at the background color. The background color was grey and the other tabs a liter grey, so when you hover over they change to the background dark grey.
So I now need to figure out what color the hover/parent/link color/link hover does.

thanks for your patience, Bob

Last edited by 2BRetired; Mar 24, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It stays the color it is because you are on that page. If you go to another page the home button should change color.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:18 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks lmilesw,
I cannot believe I missed that, I was so intent on going backwards and forwards changing colors.
Yes it does change color now. I feel such a dummy.

Bob