Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Next/previous Navigation Does Not Keep to Current Category

Old Jul 24, 2010, 01:05 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Hello JuggleDad, Miles, Paulae & Flynn!
I have the latest wp3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.3. My posts are under multiple categories. ie, one post might be under "South" category and also under "Active" category.

I have set the Ata Theme Option+Next/Previous Navigation+New: Keep next/prev. links on SINGLE post pages to same post category? TO = YES.

I do not have any cache running.

I have set Location of Next/Previous Post Navigation on SINGLE Post Pages to Above & Below.

Unfortunately when you choose say http://ibooktravel.com.au/category/n.../south-island/ (all "south" tours) then click a post, the navigation shows "North" posts...

I then installed "Hikari Category Permalink" and set the 'default' category on all posts to either north, south or both, but it still displays 'North' tours in the next/previous navigation.

The Version Change Log for Ata 3.4.6 states:
DONE: RFE: next/previous - keep it to current category - several requests see
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...vious+category
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...vious+category
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3690

but this is not working for me. Do any of you have experience with this? Do I need to try again with 'Smarter Navigation' plugin, eg put 'previous_post_smart()' in the theme files?
Regards, Joan
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is most likely caused by the fact you have multiple categories for the posts. The Next/Previous goes to the next post with that has any categories in common. I don't know how you would change that functionality.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 06:41 AM
joan

50 posts · Sep 2009
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Oh dear, what a shame to be able to post under multiple categories, but not to be able to navigate through the categories.
I thought that was the whole point of the requests below, which have been ticked as "DONE".
Hopefully it will be possible with some coding. Thanks for your time Miles. Regards, Joan
Old Aug 2, 2010, 02:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Thanks for that tip STB. That's what makes this forum great. Let us know how it works for you Joan.