Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Logo Help

Old Feb 8, 2009, 07:58 PM
Pam

3 posts · Feb 2009
My logo .gif is 493 x 159. I tried deleting the huge-logo.gif file, and renaming my logo to that name: huge-logo.gif.

It still shows the old gif! What other areas do I need to change? I have blog title and tagline set to no.

When I view huge-logo.gif from my control panel, it shows my logo, but when I view my site, it shows your old huge-logo.gif.

I changed the height to 200px and still just shows the old logo.

ps. Yes, I'm very new and just learning, so your patience is appreciated!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is what you need to do to show your image

1) Upload your image, i.e. myimage.gif to /atahualpa/images/ so it becomes /atahualpa/images/myimage.gif
2) At Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header -> Show Logo Image? put the file name of the image, in this case: myimage.gif into the input field and click "Save Changes" at the bottom

Both steps are required: Uploading, and telling the theme the file name
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:26 PM
Pam

3 posts · Feb 2009
I've got my image working now, but other errors showed up.

You can view them at my site: http://www.wealthywisdom.com

Thanks in advance for helping this noobie!
Old Feb 8, 2009, 10:28 PM
Pam

3 posts · Feb 2009
Warning: opendir(/home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 34

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 36

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/pamela/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_rotating_header_images.php on line 41

These are the error messages on my site.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 05:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's looking for header images in atahualpa/images/header and not finding any. If you want to turn off header images, remove "%image" from A. Theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area so the theme won't search for them anymore

Or, to show header images, upload one or more images to atahualpa/images/header

(I'll update the theme to not show those warnings if it didn't find images)
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:09 PM
Rio

2 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
This is what you need to do to show your image

1) Upload your image, i.e. myimage.gif to /atahualpa/images/ so it becomes /atahualpa/images/myimage.gif
2) At Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header -> Show Logo Image? put the file name of the image, in this case: myimage.gif into the input field and click "Save Changes" at the bottom

Both steps are required: Uploading, and telling the theme the file name
I took both these steps and still have the problem of my logo not showing... It shows the broken link image for images.... The huge-logo.gif logo is working fine when I select it but my own logo files dont show. I've tried it in .jpg .gif and .png, nothing seems to work. In my ftp client, I can find my logo in the /atahualpa/images/ directory... What could be the problem?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:00 PM
artca

3 posts · Apr 2009
I was having the same issue. I did what you outlined Flynn and it worked like it was supposed to... this is a very good program
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:14 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio
I took both these steps and still have the problem of my logo not showing... It shows the broken link image for images.... The huge-logo.gif logo is working fine when I select it but my own logo files dont show. I've tried it in .jpg .gif and .png, nothing seems to work. In my ftp client, I can find my logo in the /atahualpa/images/ directory... What could be the problem?
Make sure you have no space or special characters in the file name or in the atahualpa directory name, or anywhere else in the path to the images