Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Facebook "Like" Button - Alignment Question

Old Jul 8, 2010, 05:39 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Currently using WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1
My blog can be found here: www.dudesofamerica.com
First time using Wordpress and am feeling very overwhelmed...ha ha. Suppose I should've picked an easier template, but I love the options that Atahualpa offers.

I just added a couple of plug-ins, a Facebook Like button and a plug-in called AddThis (links to social networking sites). If you look at my blog, I have both plug-ins below the post, but I don't want them to be stacked on top of each other like that. I'd like to have the Like button to the right and the AddThis to the left. Where can I do this? These are not options from within the Settings tab for the plug-ins. Do I have to get into the CSS / HTML to do this? If so, where can I find the code? Like I said, I'm feeling very overwhelmed, ha ha. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 05:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
each of those plugins is independent.
one thing you could tryis to edit both plugins and change the code so they are both in the same <div>
Old Jul 8, 2010, 06:25 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Ok, sounds easy enough...now where do I find that code? Sorry, this is all pretty new to me.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look in the plugin's folder
Old Jul 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
dido

3 posts · Jul 2010
Use a table to have everything on the same line :

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr><td>
<?php echo facebook_like_button_plugin_sc_standard($options); ?>
<a>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; </a>
</td><td>
<?php do_action( 'addthis_widget' ); ?>
</td></tr></table>

Y

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 24, 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try adding the following to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
.addthis_container {
float: left;
margin-right: 20px;
}