Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

web console gives lots of warnings about the part which is not even needed on the web

Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
badmash

4 posts · Sep 2011
Hi,

I recently conpletely reinstalled everything and am doing my web from scratch. While checking on the job done for now web console in Mozilla Firefox showing me lots of warnings about wrong syntax. I started digging into code and looks like this part of code is not needed on the website at all and is some part of theme options for styling different elements I do not even have.

Can anybody please help me to find where in the theme options I can influence on this particular part of the code and either remove it, either fix the warnings.

atahualpa - 3.7.1
warnings are same on everypage.
I don't know what is the best way to put the part of the code which rises concerns. Here are the lines, which should be unique if you search through the page source code:

1. h2.blogtitle a:active{ text-decoration:none;color:#666666;font-weight:bold;font-smooth:always}
(problem with font-smooth)

2. a.comments-icon:visited{background:transparent url(http://fxfreelance.com/wp-content/th...mment-gray.png)
(why these icons are loaded at all - i do not have them is settings)

3. somewhere a problem with value for "background", but i deleted all my entries - seems like it is not from my coding...

I would appreciate your help a lot!

and one more question - is it possible to deinstall BFA default widgets?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
1. h2.blogtitle a:active{ text-decoration:none;color:#666666;font-weight:bold;font-smooth:always}
(problem with font-smooth)
The 'font-smooth' is CSS3 syntax. It is there for browsers that use CSS3, for browsers that don't understand it (probably IE8 and earlier) you will get the warning and it can be ignored. If it really bothers you, you can edit css.php and take the line out (do a search for 'font-smooth' and take that line out) it happens in two places. NOTE: if you do take it out, users that have a browser that could use it will loose its benefits.
Quote:
2. a.comments-icon:visited{background:transparent url(http://fxfreelance.com/wp-content/th...mment-gray.png)
(why these icons are loaded at all - i do not have them is settings)
This is an icon for comments, it does exist on your site. What 'warning about it do you get?
Quote:
3. somewhere a problem with value for "background", but i deleted all my entries - seems like it is not from my coding...
without more info, there is no way to guess what your issue might be about this
Quote:
and one more question - is it possible to deinstall BFA default widgets?
only by editing the code and removing them. but why? if you don't use them they don't take up any space on the page.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 06:27 AM
badmash

4 posts · Sep 2011
Thank you Juggledad,

Ok, I wasworrying that if my browser (firefox) gives me warnings it can create bigger problems in other browsers. My friend using IE8 had some problems opening the website. Anyhow, my question is more about 2. now - where do you see me using this icons on the website? In theme options all the fields under "edit post/page info items" are blank at the moment. So I do not and do not want to use any of the default icons. That's why I am concerned why am I seing it in the code. And this icon is not the only one - there are more in the code.

3. about background I found the code causing the problem - it is default php code in the field of "style post & pages"->"post container: sticky". So my browser had problems parsing it.

and there are two more warnings:
one - about the width in the wp-caption. Here is the code:
wp-caption{max-width:96%;width:auto 100%;height:auto;display:block;
followed by whatever I put in the field for styling images. So I have no power to change syntaxis of "width:auto 100%", which my browser doesn't like.

second - "Ruleset ignored due to bad selector" - but I am hopeless to find where exactly it is the problem with selector.