Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Can I use WP second Menu under header insted of sidebar

Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:03 AM
mimikbos

18 posts · Sep 2010
This site is using the WP-Menu system. Id like to use the second available menu for a second line of pages so that it looks cleaner. Is it possible to do that and what would the CSS be or how can I set that up?

Here's the site: www.southernequality.org

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you have two WP menu's put the one in menu1( = %pages) and the second in menu2 (= %cats)

so in the 'Configure HEADER AREA' option, where you put %pages you will get menu1 and where you put %cats ou get menu2
Old Mar 18, 2012, 01:42 PM
mimikbos

18 posts · Sep 2010
For some reason each time I put "%cats" into the name field for Menu2 it changes to "ts" automatically deleting the full code.

From what you write I should be doing the following:

under Theme Locations, Menu1 would be called %pages and Menu2 would be called %cats

I have added the %cats into the header area waiting for the second pages menu to properly appear

%pages is just fine but %cats disappears. Do I need to use quotes or something like that?
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No no no in menu1 you put the name of your first menu. In position 2 put your second menu