Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Facebook and Twitter instead of RSS feed link

Old Mar 10, 2013, 03:31 AM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
Hi and thank you very much for this fantastic theme. I am new to wordpress and blogging however after much search in minimal templates I think that this is one of the greatest free ones found.
What i also like is that is too much custimizable compared to others and although i am new I prefer to work on this in order to learn little by little, motivated by my blog.

What i would like to ask is how can i replace the rss feed button with the facebook and twitter plugins. There is an explanation here of how to remove rss but i do not know how to put the other social plugins. http://wordpress.org/support/topic/h...page?replies=4
Old Mar 10, 2013, 04:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to add a twitter or facebook plugin - look at the explaination for the 'dynamic-sidebar' function in the 'Limited PHP Code' tab at the top right of the page when editing one of the vitrual templates
Old Mar 10, 2013, 07:50 AM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
Thanks a lot for your quick reply! Ok I can get the code and after placing the sidebar then i can find plugins for this. Now due to being new to css i find difficulties placing the sidebar in the same place as the rss. If I replace this <?php bloginfo( 'rss2_url' ); ?>" class="rsslink" title="<?php _e( 'Subscribe to RSS Feed', 'montezuma' ); ?> with this <?php dynamic_sidebar( 'My first widget area' ); ?> the widget appears on the left and below the logo whereas rss is on the right and in the same line as the logo. I have tried also placing the code for the bar in several different other places but i cannot find the proper and at the same time the template is messed up.

<div id="banner-bg" class="cf">
<div id="banner" class="row">
<div id="logo-area" class="col5">
<<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?> id="sitetitle">
<a href="<?php echo home_url(); ?>"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a>
</<?php bfa_if_front_else( 'h1', 'h3' ); ?>>
<p id="tagline"><?php bloginfo( 'description' ); ?></p>
</div>
<?php wp_nav_menu( array(
'container' => 'nav',
'container_class' => 'menu-wrapper col7',
'container_id' => 'menu1-wrapper',
'menu_id' => 'menu1',
'menu_class' => 'cf menu',
'theme_location' => 'menu1',
'fallback_cb' => 'bfa_page_menu'
) ); ?>
</div>
</div>

<a href="<?php bloginfo( 'rss2_url' ); ?>" class="rsslink" title="<?php _e( 'Subscribe to RSS Feed', 'montezuma' ); ?>"></a>

<div id="breadcrumbs1-bg">
<nav id="breadcrumbs1" class="breadcrumbs lw">
<?php bfa_breadcrumbs( 'breadcrumbs1' ); ?>
</nav>
</div>
Old Mar 10, 2013, 11:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you had looked at the CSS for the RSS, you would have noticed it has some absolute positioning. You will probably have to do the same with your widget area.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 06:42 PM
angelosbg

9 posts · Mar 2013
When I make the code like this
View Screen Capture

my page becomes like this:
View Screen Capture

I know I have left the name in the class section but of course I have no clue what is the role it is playing. Also, I tried removing class="rsslink" but the results were the same.
I am sorry for asking many questions on this but it is crucial for me to be able to put the social plugins in there

Last edited by angelosbg; Mar 10, 2013 at 06:47 PM.