Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Display problems in Internet Explorer

Old Dec 20, 2010, 07:06 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
I am building a site for a client, it's on temp space at the moment, you can see it here

Now I use either Firefox or Chrome and it displays absolutely fine on them ... but not on Internet Explorer.

Two major problems:

The shadow disappears from around the container area
The sidebar on the left - the text seems to be wider than the sidebar area!

Are there any workarounds/snippets of code etc that I can fix this with?
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The shadow is CSS3 and IE won't show it. The sidebar issue is related to how IE "sees" the formtool code you are using. What widget did you use to embed that code?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
prooffairy

73 posts · Oct 2010
Re: the widget, I've got a plugin called Custom Forms For 1ShoppingCart.com Accounts and that is the associated widget, 1SC Custom Forms.

Really important that I can use it as there doesn't appear to be any HTML code available on that site to generate a form.

Also important (to the client) that there is a border, preferably with shadow, round the container ... is there any way round the IE restrictions?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I played with this for a bit and used the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts to at least get the text from not flowing outside the box.
HTML Code:
#oneshop_custom_form table {
width: 210px !important;
}
Are there any configuration settings for the form plugin?