Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Problem importing settings from 3.4.9 into 3.7.15

Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:31 AM
rps

11 posts · Apr 2014
Toronto, Canada
[SOLVED] Problem importing settings from 3.4.9 into 3.7.15

1. I exported a site to XML and successfully imported it elsewhere.
  2. The first site uses Ata 3.4.9. The second site uses Ata 3.7.15.
  3. The contents of the settings file exported from the first site when pasted into the second, causes the message that it doesn't appear to be a valid settings file.

Can you please point me to a solution for this? I should add that I only have access to the browser/dashboard in Wordpress so can't do anything particularly technical. I'm not particularly technically adept, either, so please bear that in mind

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
an XML export of a site will not work. You need to use the Atahualpa Export option
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:40 PM
rps

11 posts · Apr 2014
Toronto, Canada
So, to export this Atahualpa site I should not use the Wordpress dashboard Tools --> Export. OK, I understand that now. Apologies if I am being dense, but I do not see the Atahualpa Export option you refer to. I see only Export/Import Settings, which is located in the Appearance section.

(On a side note, I assume that if I used the Tools --> Export option, the data would export okay and could be used with a different theme?)

Your patience is appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 01:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To export the posts and such you would use the WordPress export function. To export the Atahualpa settings you would use the Atahualpa export function.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:05 PM
rps

11 posts · Apr 2014
Toronto, Canada
lmilesw - That is exactly what I did as I explained in my original post.

I used the Tools --> Export function in Wordpress (Ata 3.4.9, Wordpress 3,7,3) for all site content. I then successfully imported that file into Wordpress (Ata 3.7.15, Wordpress 3.8.3).

Obviously, it's all a bit of a mess. So, I thought having the settings file from the source would help get me on the way to having better formatting.

So, from the original source I exported the settings file. I opened it in a plain text editor, copied the contents and pasted it into the Ata 3.7.15 settings box. I clicked Import Settings. When I do that (I tried several times) it simply gives the message that it doesn't appear to be a valid settings file. Hence my original query.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in 3.4.9 go to dashboard->appearances->ATO-Export/Import and do the theme setting export there

note things have changed and 3.4.9 i so far behind, I can't remember if you will have to install an intermediate release to get everything to work. After all you are 27 releases behind

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 17, 2014 at 03:22 PM.