Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Getting started, need some tips

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:21 PM
GeneStarwind09

11 posts · Oct 2009
Getting started, need some tips

Hello people,

First of all, I'm loving the theme. It's been great to use and I've had relatively little difficulty with it. I plan to make a donation but it's nearly 1.30AM and I have a lecture first thing in the morning, so I ought to make this quick!

The site is www.outlawstar.co.uk which is a site dedicated to a particular anime series. I tried to follow a certain colour theme, specifically that of the spaceship in the series called the Outlaw Star. It's primarily red, with some blue and gold.

I've still got an awful lot to configure, but even with the nice header image the colours look (in my opinion) extremely garish and generally unappealing. Is there no way to add Web 2.0-style gradients or stripe effects to the theme? Any suggestions are welcome to help me create a nice theme as it's not really my forte.

Other than general suggestions, I'd also like to know how to make the overall width of the page be that of the banner image, so there is no gap between each end of the banner and the end of the page.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!