Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

settings to fix sidebar width not working, widgets in sidebars not accessible, other

Old Sep 3, 2012, 02:10 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
Help settings to fix sidebar width not working, widgets in sidebars not accessible, other

I don't know what is wrong. Basic newbie trouble, I suppose.
ALL ADVICE IS GRATEFULLY WELCOMED!

I used the configure Atahualpa theme options to set width but it remains tiny and based on text in column. And I used the widgets menu to drag widgets to sidebars but I cannot configure them or even access categories or tag cloud.

I put in a post with a lot of tags but the tags don't show up in the sidebar tag cloud widget. I have a category menu across header but subcategories do not drop down. I cannot make category bar work at all or even show categories in side menu.

I actually want the same dropdown menu on the left sidebar but don't know how

I want to change configuration of archive and login widgets.

This is what site looks like now: http://anartist.biz/mccall/

it is in password-protected mode now--PW: bytesforall
Old Sep 3, 2012, 02:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Looks ok to me, did you change something?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 04:53 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
The categories and tags "came alive" when the things were actually posted -- but the sidebars still not controllable width.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 05:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The width of the sidebars is set in the sidebar options. What did you set their width to?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 05:32 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
I did that. I tried 200, 250, and 300. It had no effect. But I finally found that I could widen a sidebar by using   in some of the longer links. and then I ditched the other sidebar.

how it looks now
http://anartist.biz/mccall/

I still don't know how to make the top menu of categories drop down to reveal subcategories, which eventually should be 3-tiered.

Categories actually only appear in the sidebar once they have been used, correct? I had made her many more categories and subcategories than show.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 07:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You should be able to change the sidebar width. If it isn't changing I suspect there is some code you put in that is preventing it or a plugin conflict. The categories and sub-categories can be implemented via the way they are created or via the WordPress menu builder.