Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Show sticky posts in category pages

Old May 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
c32v

19 posts · Feb 2009
Hello!
The sticky post appears first just in homepage (last posts in my case). How can i make to sticky appears first in category page?
Thanks!
Old May 6, 2009, 06:09 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You need a plugin for this, although I think it should be built-in to future WP versions.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/astickypostorderer/
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
You need a plugin for this, although I think it should be built-in to future WP versions.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/astickypostorderer/
Is this facility now built-in to to WP 3.0 or higher?

If yes, can you point me to it?

I want to put a short Post at the top of each Catagory Page, describing the contents of the page. I want it to stick there.

I cannot see how to make Astickypostorderer do this. It seems only designed to reorder the the sequence of catagories rather than the posts within them.

---- Later ----

OK - I have worked out how to use Astickypostorderer to do what I want. More or less. It's a bit unreliable since it also changes the order of diplayed posts - but I can work round that. At least it gives me the 'Contents' Post stuck to the top of the Catagory Page.

Would be VERY nice though with a simpler way of doing this. Is there some EASY way of putting a simple text banner at the top of a catagory page?

Last edited by TheSupercargo; Dec 10, 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Slight change of question & spelling
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks STB, but I've solved this now.

Simply used the recommendation from the Codex at
http://codex.wordpress.org/Category_Templates
under "Different Text on Some Category Pages"

The trick was finding where to put the php code snip Wordpress proved.

For anyone else looking, it's directly after the first line of code -- this:

<?php /* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>

-- in the Main Index Template (index.php)