Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Best way to convert existing site to Wordpress site

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:54 AM
ptocco

2 posts · Apr 2011
Best way to convert existing site to Wordpress site

This doesn't relate to the Atahualpa but I would like to become expert in that theme and plan to visit this forum often. Anyway my problem is that I am so enjoying learning about Wordpress as a website platform that I'm considering changing my primary business site to WP. I just did a similar thing with another site of mine, converting it to Joomla. That is I built the site in a subfolder then moved it to the root folder and removed the old site. It was kind of messy but it worked. I will need to do the same with WP. I’m using Fatcow hosting service so they handle all the WAMP and stuff like that. Does anybody know of any tips or suggestions? I’ve tried searching “best ways to convert existing website to Wordpress” but no luck so far.

BTW, Fatcow seems to have its act together as a hosting service, particularly for the addons such as Wordpress.

Thanks
Peter