Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Background color does not change for menu items in current state

Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:26 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
I'm using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualpha 3.5.5. Header area configuration is "%logo %pages %bar1 %image %bar2".

I created a custom menu (under Appearance/Menu in WP admin page) that contains mixed pages and categories, some with subpages.

Here is the problem: background color changes to "current state" color (same as "hover" color") only for menu items that are actual pages, not for those that are categories. Even with pages, color background does not change if the page at the top contains subpages.

See example HERE. Color changes to current state for HOME and RESEARCH (i.e. single pages without subpages) but not for say FUNDING (a category page) or for ABOUT (a "page" page with a subpage underneath).

This should not be like this, or?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 05:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Categories will (hopefulle) get the category styling and pages will get the pages styling.

This whole new menu system is going to bring up unexpected and interesting 'issues'

Let's say you have
aaa
bbb
ccc
aaa
eee
ddd

as the menu. If you select page (or category) eee, does that mean the top aaa or second aaa is it's parent? and if you select aaa, which occurrence in the menu is the current page?
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:52 PM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Thank you. I realize that Atahualpa has separate controls for stlyling page and category menu bars independently, but not if the bar has a mixed menu with pages and categories. You see, under "Style & edit HEADER AREA", there are "%pages" and "%cat" commands but nothing like a "%pagcat". The "current page" styling should always be assigned to the current page, regardless whether this is a "page" page or a category page. If it is a subpage, the parent at the very top should be highlighted as current. (Assuming someone put it at the top for a reason ...).
Old Sep 2, 2010, 03:59 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Addendum:

If I now configure a category menu bar and replictae the same settings under the Appearance/Menu in WP admin page, category pages, but not "pages" pages change to the current status color when selected. There seems to be an incompatibility between Atahualpa's and WP system for these menu bars. WP allows mixed menus, Atahualpa does not know how to deal with them. If I now ignore the WP settings altogether (no custom menu bar settings selected in WP admin) then Atahualpa changes colors just fine according to current status across pages and categories but ... arrows as submenu indicators disappear and background color for submenus does no longer cover the entire length of the cell (submenu names shorter than the name of the parent leave a white space to the right).
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you use the new wordpress menu's the current atahualpa CSS may not work for you especially if you are mixing pages and categories. You may have to add your own CSS to address the issues