Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

full posts on Category pages without the link

Old May 5, 2009, 03:22 PM
curious

21 posts · Apr 2009
Hi there,
in the theme options (Show full posts or only excerpts, on Category pages?) I decided me for showing full posts on the Category pages. My Question is: Can I remove the Link-Function (permanent-links?) in the displayed Posttitles? I have only a few post at a time for one category, and it's not neccesary to view them as single posts. It's enough to see the posts listed as full posts among each other on one category page.

greetings,

curious

Last edited by curious; May 5, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:01 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In the Post Heading section in index.php find:

if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php

(or similar) and change to

if( !is_single() AND !is_page() AND !is_category() ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php
Old May 6, 2009, 01:05 AM
curious

21 posts · Apr 2009
Hi flynn,

thanks for fast the repose.
The new code is working fine in the category section..

But I have a additional question.

By using the calendar widget (whereI have the possibilty to click on a date,
and all Category Articles I have post on that specific day appear),
all the posts have furthermore the permalinks in their titles.

Can I remove that, too?

greetings,

curious
Old May 6, 2009, 07:24 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
if( !is_single() AND !is_page() AND !is_category() AND !is_date() ) { ?>

See http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags for more options

!is_....() means "if this is not ..."
Old May 6, 2009, 07:49 AM
curious

21 posts · Apr 2009
Great, that works!

Thanks Flynn!!

greetings,
curious
Old May 6, 2009, 07:56 AM
curious

21 posts · Apr 2009
Hi flynn,

is it possible to adjust the calendar, that the calendar show only the entries of only one category (I specify)?