Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Add widget to header bar

Old Mar 2, 2010, 09:22 PM
moelskov

2 posts · Mar 2010
[SOLVED] Add widget to header bar

Hi.
Discovered this awesome theme today. And now I used the last many many hours playing with it. There is absolutely NO doubt, I'm gonna use this for my upcomming site.

However.. While I love messing around and learning by doing, I have quite the trouble with adding a widget to one of the header-bars.

I am doing a design with a header in one color and using one bar underneath in a gradient gray. (adding %bar1 under the configure header area and using a picture for background with repeat-x)

I really would like to add a widget in the bar (named %bar1). Futhermore, I would like the widget to start 300 px from the left border..

Anyone genius enough to give a helping hand? Would be most appreciated
Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Insead of yusing %bar2, just add a new widget area to teh Heder Area. Define it with two cells and make the first one 300 px then only put widgers in the second area.

taks a look at ATO-> Add new WIDGET AREA
Old Mar 3, 2010, 02:07 PM
moelskov

2 posts · Mar 2010
Someone was genius enough I thought so..

And that is of course the solution..! Thank you.

I figured out that instead of making two cells, it can be done with costum stiling the css as well. (using padding for the 300 px..) Don't know if it makes any difference.. But it works. And with styling the widget in the header area, I've also succesfully made the gradient bacground image work.

Thanks a bunch.