Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Google Analytics is crashing IE8

Old Feb 8, 2010, 08:36 AM
cleask

4 posts · Feb 2010
Hey everyone,

I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.5 and have noticed a strange problem. Everything about it is just perfect, of course, but it comes as no surprise that IE8 has one problem with it. Firefox, Chrome, Safari...all render it perfectly.

I can add the Goggle Analytics code, 3 different ways, but I always get an error just with IE8. I can add it via:
1. ATO --> Add HTML/CSS Inserts --> HTML Inserts: Body Bottom
2. Go straight to footer.php and paste the javascript there (right below or above the bfa_ata['html_inserts_body_bottom'] call.
3. Using the Google Analytics for WordPress plugin.

All 3 of them raise the same problem. Just with IE8, I get the following error, and a totally blank page.

"Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)"

Any ideas?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 08:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure you didn't leave any blank lines in footer.php at the end. The last line should be
HTML Code:
</html>
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:15 AM
cleask

4 posts · Feb 2010
Indeed, I made sure that there were no gratuitous characters of any kind. Not even line breaks!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried disabling your plugins and adding the google code to see if it is a plugin conflict?
If it also fails with the google plugin, try swapping to the default theme to see if it still fails
Old Feb 8, 2010, 09:54 AM
cleask

4 posts · Feb 2010
Hey juggledad, I sure did.

Since the site is actually live right now, I probably won't be able to swap that theme out until late tonight, but I'll certainly give it a try.

I also might spin up another WP instance on one of my test sites, pull in the same theme, and see what happens at the default of this particular theme (Atahualpa has been tweaked a bit..albeit only using the Atahualpa tools) and with the default WP theme.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 06:01 AM
cleask

4 posts · Feb 2010
To follow up on this, I created a second instance of WP in a sub directory, inserted Google Analytics in all 3 manners discussed above and it worked perfectly, therefore there is definitely a problem in some of my customizations of the original site.

Thanks for your help, but it looks like this one is squarely my fault!