Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Read more link right next to body text on each page when using nextpage?

Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:58 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Is it possible in Atahualpa to have a 'Read more on the next page' link (or similar) at the end of the text on each page when using the nextpage tag so that the link is on the same line as the last sentence of that page? E.g.

something text in article. > read more on the next page... (=link to next page)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

(the 'Pages' part I already have, but I would also like a link right next to the text.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
While not exactly what you are looking for this thread may help. Also take a look at this thread which may address your issue more.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Lets say the post breaks into 3 pages. Currently it will say
Quote:
episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium

Pages: 1 2 3
where '1', '2', and '3' are links. What would you like to look like?

The is controled by WordPress, but you can change the values passed.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:28 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Thanks. Wat I would like is this:

Quote:
episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium episum lorium ... read more on next page >

Pages: 1 2 3
I tried the wp code in the loop but it always puts the '... read more' part on the next line; I would like it to line up with the text of the article page. So I guess I understand the code wrong, or place it at the wrong place in the loop.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I took a look at the code and there is nothing currently in Atahualpa to do this. I'll post an RFE to ask for this feature
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
RFE: Add an option to Atahualpa to allow a custom phrase at the end of a post if the '<!-- nextpage -->' short code is used. This should be at the end of the post text before the 'PAGE: 1, 2, 3...' that is generated by WordPress when using this shortcode.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 06:46 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Thanks! Not possible to do this somehow true a code hack? My knowledge is not good enough, so if someone has useful ideas...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Might be, but I'd have to start digging thru WP code and that would take more time than I donate here