Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Custom Post Title Placement

Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:52 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Custom Post Title Placement

I want to play with the post title and date/byline placement to give myself a little more design flexibility. Here's a good example:

http://www.deliciousdays.com/archive...vian-memories/

Obviously, I know how to tweak the style of the font size, background color, etc. but how do you place it in line with the text like that? Any ideas? Maybe use tables for the function call-outs?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 03:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is where you should learn to use FIreBug in FireFox. With this tool you can examine the CSS they are using to do this. Between the font size and margin, they have created this effect
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:54 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
That's a great tool! I've switched over to Chrome primarily as it loads faster on my system but now I'll know to use Firefox for this.

I identified the following coding in the CSS for the title:

.PageTitle, .PostTitle, .firstPostTitle {
color: #000000;
float: left;
font-size: 320%;
line-height: 1em;
margin: 0 5px 5px -100px;
padding: 0 15px 0 20px;
text-align: right;
text-decoration: none;
width: 415px;

And here's the content:

#content {
margin: 0;
padding: 0 30px 0 130px;
position: relative;
}

So I'm guessing that this is just something to experiment with in "Style Posts & Pages" section. Is the set width for the title at 415px and the relative position for the content what allows it to display that way?
Old Aug 7, 2011, 02:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That and font size