Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

After update-what can I delete from old versions?

Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:04 PM
Tomasahl

9 posts · Oct 2009
Hello.
I used the tip from Juggledad when updating from 3.4.9 to 3.5.1 (see below). And then I did the same to 3.5.3

So I have a lot of folders with old atahualpa-versions in them now

My question is: Which of the old ones do I dare to delete without getting problems? Can I delete 3.5.1 or do I need that?

(Update: what I actually just did was I installed 3.5.3 on my server and then activated that version instead of the old, and all settings from the old in some magical way was merged in to the new version)
Old Aug 2, 2010, 03:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
All the setting are in the database so the new version will pick them up but before deleting previous versions make sure you have copied any THEME images to the corresponding folders for 3.5.3. Items such as background images or a favicon or header images.

You also need to change and paths such as background paths that had, for example atahualpa351 in it to atahualpa353.

Once you are certain all the images have been moved and paths have been changed you can safely delete the old versions. I download any images that I have uploaded to a folder on my PC for a backup and to make the next upgrade easier. You just have to remember to keep that folder updated if you add any theme related images.

Last edited by lmilesw; Aug 2, 2010 at 03:15 PM.