Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Switching from localhost to live: Weird space before text?

Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:18 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] Switching from localhost to live: Weird space before text?

Hi All,

As the title suggests: I recently bought myself hosting and was trying to swap my localhost files and text to the live site. Text, pages etc. all worked good, I just exported and imported. Images I had to manually fix, some are still not fixed but I will get to that in a bit

The most important things right now are: There are weird spaces right before my pages content actually begins.

http://www.chikara-thaiboxing.be

here is a screenshot for how it should look like on the page "contact"
Contact page chikara

Also the changes I did to the css didn't copy (removed the stars from the page menu above and made the icon of the recent posts/comments change without noticing that it scrolls.)
--> even though I copied the entire folder from my harddisk to the servers with ftp.

I also want to change the url from the "blog" page to my homepage, any one know where I can edit this also?

Thanks in advance guys! I know the community is solid here.

Kind regards,

Stiino0
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should go read the WordPress codex about moving a site, it is a much better explaination about what you have to do than I could give here.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:24 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Thanks Juggledad, didn't know that I should account for so many things when moving a website completely!

However, can you help as to where the link is for the 'Blog' "Page"? Want to change it to display my current website.

Thanks for the quick reply, will read everything through tonight.

Stiino0
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do a forum search, this as addressed just the other day.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:09 AM
Stiino0

30 posts · Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
do a forum search, this as addressed just the other day.
Do you mean the following steps?

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19696

To change the word 'Blog' to something else you have several choices
1) make the landing page a 'page' page (dashboard->settings->reading) and create a page with any name you like as the blog page
2) use a .po file to translate the word to something else
3) edit the template code - montezuma/includes/breadcrumbs.php - line 95

remember if you pick (3) you will have to re-do it every time the theme is updated.

It doesn't say anything about the URL that is currently linked to the 'page' only to change the name. If this isn't the thread you are referrring to, I will look further
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sorry, I mis-read the question. but now I'm unclear. Do you have two different web sites and want the wordpress site's link for 'blog' to go to site #2?