Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Align sticky post text with top of right sidebar after hiding post header an

Old Jul 16, 2010, 06:04 PM
bobtwom

4 posts · Jul 2010
Noobie here and just getting started. Encountered a problem with the formatting of a sticky post. My goal is to have the sticky post text (i.e., body) align vertically with the top of the Home page's right sidebar.

I'm running WP 2.9.2 Atahualpa 3.5.1. I've hidden the post's header and byline using some code I found on this forum. (Awesome!) In ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Post Container the top margin is 0. In ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Post Container:Sticky the padding has been set to 0. But the sticky post's text still appears about 10px below the top of the right sidebar. (You can see this on my homepage at http://btwomey.com/. I've set the background color of the Sticky post's container to red to help me troubleshoot this.)

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? No doubt something simple. And perhaps there is an easier or more appropriate way to do this but this was the best I could come up with. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks much. Bob
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and remove the section
HTML Code:
td#header {
padding-bottom:15px;

}
Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:57 PM
bobtwom

4 posts · Jul 2010
Appreciate the quick reply. That removed the 15px padding below the page menu bar but did not line up the top of the center column (where my sticky post is) with the top of the right hand sidebar. However, it pointed out a simple solution. Instead of raising the center column I simply lowered the right sidebar by increasing its adding. I then shrunk the padding in the CSS/HTML Insert section you suggested and my problem was solved.

Thanks for the help!

Bob