Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Problem with EXCERPT page and posts!

Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:21 AM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
I looked at the forum: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7339
and I could not respond there.

My blog is Love Musings and I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9.

I changed the '==' to one '=' and it did not fix the problem. What should I have the excerpts settings at?? I am not super techy, so please advise.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
shutoff wp-supercache, clear the cache and try again. Never use a cache plugin when developing a site if you want to see the changes right away.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:28 AM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
Ah, I was not aware of that!! I was wondering about that! Thanks for all your help! I will try that - hopefully it will work.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:36 AM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
That did not work... how do I clear the cache? Also, what should the settings be at -- no excerpts and xx in the number of posts?

Thanks again!!
Julie
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ste 'Excerpts on home page' then set 2 full posts tehn edit the first post add a word at teh end and then view teh site to see if the word shows up and see is you get the excerpts
Old Jul 13, 2010, 01:03 PM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
It did not work. It is not even showing any words or "Read more"... also I updated to 3.5.1 and changed the '==' to one '='... still nothing.. Frustrated...

can anyone help with this??

Thanks again!!

Julie

Last edited by JulieBMack; Jul 13, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 06:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you would like me to poke around send me a PM with an admin I'd and pw
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You had two issues, both due to plugins.
1) you had wp-supercache active - this needed to ba deactivated
2) you had 'Tweet This' - this plugin is causing an issue with Atahualpa where the post never shows up. - I would not use this plugin since and this is from teh plugin authors page...
Quote:
Sorry guys, I’m not planning any more updates to Tweet This. I don’t feel like coding anymore… I’ve gotten lazy..
at anyrate, disabling both plugins and your excerpts are showing

(I set it to display 1 full post then excerpts)
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:00 AM
JulieBMack

35 posts · Jul 2010
Okay thanks!! I just disabled the WP Plug in, not deactivated it. oops.

Any recs on a good "tweet this" plugin or code? One more thing, I tried switching the page bar ABOVE the header and it only sits WITHIN the top of the header without the entire bar going across. There is still a gap underneath. Site again is www.lovemusings.com

I donated $$ to the site! I will throw some money your way,too!!!
Old Jul 23, 2010, 03:59 PM
dougfoot

17 posts · May 2009
Oregon, USA
I use twitter tools and have good results...

Doug
http://www.crazytrike.com