Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

WishList: ATO text/graphical descriptions

Old Jan 7, 2011, 06:37 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
As a newbie and absolute NON-programmer, I am totally confused as to how to use the Style images option (ATO: Various Content Items).

Similar to Style WIDGETS and Style POSTS & PAGES could it be possible to give graphical examples? These examples were fantastic and really helped me to come to grips with Atahualpa.

I'd also have a better understanding if there were graphical examples for Style TABLE. I spent a lot of trial-and-error time here and it's still not quite what I want...

EXPORT/IMPORT SETTINGS
What are these? And why do we need them?
Perhaps some text and/or graphical images could help newbies understand and make your theme even more user friendly.

I've looked at other themes, but I have to be honest. The Atahulpa Theme is the most flexible. You can do and change just about anything -- and I am a beginner! I am soooo glad to have found this Theme!

Thanks!
Janine
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
these are great ideas, would you be willing to pay the developer to do this for this free theme? As he is currently working on themeframe - which he charges for, he would need an incentive to implement these.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 07:50 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
would you be willing to pay the developer to do this for this free theme?

I am not yet receiving any income from my website using the Atahualpa theme. But again, I do see the motivational monetary aspect. Why did I start up my website if not to set up a method of earning?

I am NOT against paying for additional help. But my pocket is not bottomless. Do you know how much motivation would be necessary?

Janine
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Do you know how much motivation would be necessary?
I would guess 1 to 2 thousand dollars

at $50/hr (cheap for a programmer) it could take 10-20 hrs to research, code, test and put into the WordPress theme review cycle, so that means $1000 to $2000. Now if you wanted it rushed, you would have to pay a premium...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:37 AM
Janine

33 posts · Jan 2010
As much as I would love to, that is just waaay out of my pocket!

It will just have to wait until I can start earning with my website.