Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] beginner question - menu icons don't appear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:48 PM
roboturtle

5 posts · Sep 2014
[SOLVED] beginner question - menu icons don't appear

I'm moving my web site, and I'm trying to get the star menu icons to appear above my menu (categories) on the new URL, but it's blank.

I have my Categories menu set as menu 1, and I'm choosing to display menu 1 at the top of the page, where the menu does appear. However, when I go to CSS Settings > Using Menu Icons, the sample code has my Pages menu as menu 1 and my Categories menu as menu 2. I am not sure what to do about this.

Anyway, I went to the sample code, changed the icon numbers, and changed all instances of #menu2 to #menu1, and copied it over to menus_menu1.css. When that didn't work, I went ahead and copied it over to menus_menu2.css with just the icon numbers updated (which didn't work either).

This is the code I'm using:
/* Part 1- for default state: */
#menu1 .game-dev > a > i { background-position: 0px -24px; }
#menu1 .games > a > i { background-position: 0px -24px; }
#menu1 .roboturtle > a > i { background-position: 0px -24px; }
#menu1 .site-news > a > i { background-position: 0px -24px; }
/* Part 2 - for hover state: */
#menu1 .game-dev:hover > a > i, #menu2 .game-dev.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -24px; }
#menu1 .games:hover > a > i, #menu2 .games.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -24px; }
#menu1 .roboturtle:hover > a > i, #menu2 .roboturtle.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -24px; }
#menu1 .site-news:hover > a > i, #menu2 .site-news.active > a > i { background-position: -24px -24px; }
I'm using postname permalinks.

Thank you for any help.