Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Metadata in post

Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:09 PM
TheCountess

4 posts · Jun 2009
Chicago
Hello everyone,

how do I get the extra fields (see copy) to appear? They won't show up in my posting.

Add new custom field:
Name Value
Enter new Cancel

Custom fields can be used to add extra metadata to a post that you can use in your theme.

Wordpress version 2.8.1
Atahualpa 3.2. (I had a look in the readme file in the filemanager (wp-content/themes/atahualpa) please tell me if this is the wrong location)
PHP 5.2.9

THX for any support/ideas
TC
Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
first thing I'd suggest is to move to Atahualpa 3.4.2
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:25 PM
TheCountess

4 posts · Jun 2009
Chicago
Thx for the quick answer juggledad!

I have tried to avoid that, because I simply do not really know how and that all my settings are gone. The readme file only contains information for a first set-up, not for an update. Have I overseen it?

Regards
TC
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
updating to a new release of Atahualpa is easy -
1) get the theme
(I'd suggest you name the theme folder atahualpa342 so you can tell which version it is)
2) move the theme folder to the wp-contents/themes directory
(you will probably need to use an FTP program)
3) go to your blog 's dashboard->Appearences->Themes and select the new version of Atahualpa and activate it.

Your done. You can even switch back to the old version or any other theme and then back without loosing any of the Atahualpa settings. The settings are stored in the WordPress database.