Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Add New Widgets

Old Apr 9, 2012, 03:39 PM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Hi, I am struggling with this.
ata 3.7.3.. wp 3.3.1...http://www.floshmeadowsselfbuild.com (1290px wide)

How do I add 3 new equal width text widgets across the page immediately below the menu bar and above the sidebars and center column.
Each widget would contain a title and (about) 6 lines of text and end with a "more" tag.
The widgets would be styled as existing and each widget should be visibly (slightly) separated from each other.

I have to date failed miserably in following the "add widgets" instructions.

I would welcome any help that can be given.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Use the following to add a 3 celled widget area. Put the code as the last item in the 'Configure Header Area' option

HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header Widget area&cells=3'); ?>
Old Apr 9, 2012, 04:25 PM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
That is so good.

Thank you JD

A coffee and doughnut on its way.

What are/is the code for either left, centre or right justifying please

Richard

P.S.
I had got further in the few minutes before receiving your reply, can be seen at http://www.floodproblems.co.uk/
Old Apr 9, 2012, 04:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
What are/is the code for either left, centre or right justifying please
justifying the widgets in the widget area?
add '&align_1=9&align_2=2&align_3=3' after 'cell=3' so it is
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header Widget area&cells=3&align_1=9&align_2=2&align_3=3'); ?>

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 9, 2012 at 04:38 PM.