Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Big trouble after trying to tweek footer!!

Old Aug 13, 2009, 03:19 PM
jimkend

6 posts · Jul 2009
Unhappy [SOLVED] Big trouble after trying to tweek footer!!

I was almost finished with this project. I was trying to customize the footer, and got these two messages (twice!). I'm ready to jump out the window!

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php on line 82

Warning: include_once(/home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions/bfa_custom_comments.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/dailyidi/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php on line 146

I copy-and-pasted the code from an untouched footer.php and bfa_footer.php document, restored the atahualpa default footer copy, and it didn't restore my site: http://www.dailyidiocy.com

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Jim
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:39 PM
Khatiya

7 posts · Aug 2009
OMG I am having similar problems. I was trying to change some info in the footer and so I went to edit the functions.php and now when I view my blog IT IS GONE! Like the only thing that is showing is "%bar1 %image ". Where did the rest of the content go?

So I tried to revert back to the original functions.php file that I download and replace it back. It still not bringing my blog back I can still access my admin panel though.

Please help, what have I done wrong?
Old Aug 13, 2009, 04:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP are you both running?
Khatiya what's the url?

Jim, if you can get into the backend, switch themes to the default. Then try switching back to Atahualpa andsee what happens
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:01 PM
Khatiya

7 posts · Aug 2009
Here is my URL http://khatiya-korner.com/blog/

Im using Atahualpa 3.4.1 and WP WordPress 2.8.4.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Check to make sure you have the file bfa_custom_comments.php in the functions folder
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Khatiya,
download a fresh copy of Atahualpa 3.4.1 - then unzip the file and copy the functions.php to the atahuapa theme folder on teh server. It seems like you must have made a coding error and that is causing the problem. If you could look at the error log on the server, it would point you at the line of code, but this is quicker.

Rest assured, your information is not lost. You can switch to the default theme and see that it is all there.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 05:12 PM
Khatiya

7 posts · Aug 2009
Yes the file bfa_custom_comments.php is in the functions folder. I've even copied the original file and replaced it just in case the one there was corrupted.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:38 PM
jimkend

6 posts · Jul 2009
I'm using Atahualpa 3.4.2 and WordPress 2.8.4. I've been out, but I'll follow the recommendations you gave to Khatiya. Thanks for replying so quickly. I've been copying all the theme settings and CSS, thinking I'd have to rebuild from scratch!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 07:48 PM
jimkend

6 posts · Jul 2009
Huzzah! I found I was missing bfa_custom_comments.php, and installed it in that folder, and voilá it's repaired. A thousand thanks!!!!!!!!
Jim