Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Body background image at very bottom of page?

Old Jul 4, 2010, 03:55 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Hi,
I'm having some trouble getting my background image to sit at the very bottom of the page (not the content area, or footer, but the entire width of the browser window). I've tried removing the padding-bottom attributes, but doing so actually raises the background image higher.
Here is the relevant code that I have in the body styles section:
Code:
background: #000000 url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/pagebg.jpg') repeat-x bottom;
padding-top: 20px;
padding-bottom: 20px;
Any help / suggestions would be appreciated. Link to site: http://www.laurenacooper.com/rcf. And I'm using WP 3 with ATA 3.5
Old Jul 4, 2010, 09:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try putting the following code in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>HTML Inserts: Body Bottom.
HTML Code:
html{background:#EEF2FB;background-image:url('http://www.laurenacooper.com/rcf/wp-content/themes/ataualpa/images/pagebg.jpg');background-repeat:repeat-x;background-position:left bottom;}
Of course if you Atahualpa folder is Atahualpa351 make sure and use that as the theme folder.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:25 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Unfortunately, that does not work. When I place that code in the body bottom section of the Css inserts the code is not implemented, but rather just prints directly below my footer. I've quadruple checked the code for accuracy, and I cannot find any errors.
Any ideas?
Thank you for the suggestion, however.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I should have said try putting it in the CSS Inserts section. Sorry
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:49 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
That got the image back, so yay! What I have discovered is that the background image aligns itself with the footer, meaning if the page is so long that the scrollbar appears in the browser window, the bg image is at the bottom of the screen. When the content area is short, however, the image jumps up to stay level with the footer. Weird!! Any ideas on this?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 02:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm not quite sure what you mean but you might also try this code as opposed to the code you put in CSS Inserts since you don't have two background images. It may align as you expect.
ATO>Body, Text, & Links>Body Style
HTML Code:
background:#EEF2FB;background-image:url('http://www.laurenacooper.com/rcf/wp-content/themes/ataualpa/images/pagebg.jpg');background-repeat:repeat-x;background-position:left bottom;
I also noticed that you had not applied this bug fix that especially affects menus in IE and prevents you from setting the width of sub menus.